Some recent discoveries

First of all thanks to Siddharth for his amazing and non-stop efforts in bringing out some many links to us.

Perhaps we need to make a separate post for his books!

From now on we will shift completely to The Internet Archive for links. In case you find a broken link and have the file, please provide alternate links.

Recently I found a few gems at a raddiwala shop. Here are a few glimpses

new-01 new-02 new-03

All of them (plus a few non-soviet books) for a little over Rs. 100!

Just a couple of months more and we will be back in business…

Advertisements

About The Mitr

I am The Mitr, The Friend
This entry was posted in books, progress publishers, raduga publishers, soviet and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

53 Responses to Some recent discoveries

1. Siddharth says:

You got these from which raddiwala shop? I mean an old one or new one? in a big city or a small town?

• The Mitr says:

This is in Mumbai, a small seller in Deonar. Visited the shop for taking some carbon copies of documents. The shop also doubled up as a raddi shop. Saw some children’s books there, browsed through the pile and voila, there they were…

• Eric says:

Hello Guys,

I have a chance to purchase Mechanisms in Modern Engineering Design Vols. I II III (4 books) by Artobolevsky. All I need is the last three books to complete the set! If anyone has these last books or knows where I can get a copy let me know. Then we can get the other machine design series by orlov, machine tool design acherkan, etc.

Thanks,
      Eric.

2. Siddharth says:

Damitr

I have a suggestion:

Please add the following list also to the Blogroll so that we can have links of Soviet books in other regional languages also:

I also request everyone here to add links of such blogs (if anyone knows) which provide only Soviet e-books in languages other than English like Spanish, French or any regional languages etc. so that interested users can find translated books’ blogs & links here.

• Scientific Mitram says:

Dear Siddharth,
      Thanks for serving the scientific community by bringing in these priceless books. However I would like to have more of these collections.
      Do you have the following books ?
      1. Engineering Thermodynamics by Kirillin, Sychev and Sheindlin – Mir Moscow 1976
      2. Hanbook of Physics by Yavorsky and Detlas – Mir Moscow 1977

3. indigene says:

Where is the raddiwala?

4. Eric. says:

Hey, I am curious what people are paying for Mir books in math and physics? The books in the usa can be $50+ and $500+ in south America. Are these books in India very cheap like $10 or less? Because I have been spending a lot of money in USA and I just wanted a comparison. Also, if anybody has duplicate books they want to sell or books they want to sell let me know. I am nearing completion of scanning Mathematical handbook: higher mathematics by M. Vygodsky. I will be done shortly.

• Siddharth says:

Yes some of the books I have scanned had printed on them , for example,
      “Price Indian Rupee 3.80” in the 1980s!
      ( Presently 60 Indian Rupee = 1 US $ )

• Sanjay Singh says:

I have imported MIR book Irodov Physics problems which I bought in 1991, In very good condition . Anyone wants to scan it then I can rent it(for free of course) if promised to return. I also have High School Mathematics By G.N. Yakolev which I had bought from footpath back then, it is also imported in good condition but some pages have yellowed.

• vineet says:

They are available for around 1$ by CBS publisher,print quality is little bit on the lower side but the content is there, we should be thankful that at least it is available and that to so cheaply.

• Sam says:

Hey Eric, Do you have hard copies of
      1.Intermediate algebra by richard rusczyk
      2.Precalculus by richard rusczyk
      3.Calculus by David Patrick ?
      can you please upload them for us?
      Hoping that you will
      thanking you for any help you do
      waiting for a reply

5. S.Sanjay says:

welcome back, bandhu!

6. Rahul says:

This is amazing. I’ve been fan of Mir Pub. books since class 8th. Wonderful job, keep it up 🙂

• Siddharth says:

Rahul
      You said MIR books for Class 8th. I couldn’t understand.

• Rahul says:

Oh, sorry. What I meant is first time I saw Mir books is by accidentally bumping into an almost empty stall of Rajasthan People’s Publishing House. I came through “Sapekshikta ka Siddhant Kya hai ?” (“What is Theory of Relativity?”) by Landau and Rumer. I read the whole book in the stall itself bought it (in Rs 7 !) and bought many other books and I’m a big fan since then of all physics and maths books. Their exposition are so insightful. I owe my understanding of Physics to Mir books to a large degree.

It’s great working physicists and mathematicians should write or at least republish at cheaper costs such insightful books for children in secondary and higher secondary standard. I can overstate its importance.

• Siddharth says:

Rahul
          1) Do you still have any of those books now?
          2) Do you know any list/ more such title names of hindi Soviet books republished by Rajasthan People’s Publishing House?

• Rahul says:

Yes, I have those books but, unfortunately not with me but, at my home. They are mostly in hindi as I have studied science and other subjects through middle school.
            सापेक्षिकता का सिद्धांत क्या है ?, प्रकाश(light), Heat, A B C of Plasma Physics, Nature of Magnetism, और्जिकी (energetics ),रसायनशास्त्र की रूपरेखा.
            Most of these you already have here on this wonderful website of yours.

7. CSRao,Manager-HR\(ED\) says:

Thank you.

8. camoes95 says:

Dear Siddharth, or someone else…
    would you plz send me the 4 volume books of the idian Arun Kumar for physics?

9. karan says:

Voila dmitri returns ,,,where did you disappeared like shaktiman serial?

10. karan says:

Moreover i learnt russian all these months ,,, and downloaded many books from genlib.ru ,,,

11. Arjun says:

I’ve uploaded a few Mishas and other books here; shall be uploading more soon-

thanks for this page; saw my titles I’d completely forgotten and am looking to restock them now

12. Not sure if my earlier comment was posted-in any case, I’ve uploaded some Mishas here and other books-do check them out:

13. Eric. says:

Does anyone have “ENTERTAINING ELECTRONICS by E Sedov”? I have a chance to get this book. Also PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY 2 Volumes by Gerasimov. If we have these books I won’t buy them.

14. Uday says:

Dear Eric,
    we do not have them

• Mayur says:

I have these printed books:
      Entartaining Electronics by E. Sedov
      Problem Book: Algebra and Elementary Functions by A. Kutepov, A. Rubanov (Rs 12)
      The Theory of Funtions of Functions of a complex variable by Sveshnikov, Tikhonov. (Rs 8)
      and around 10 more books (in a box)

• Eric says:

do you want to sell these books?

• Siddharth says:

Mayur
        What are the 10 more books you said?

• Mayur says:

Handbook of Elementary physics, by Koshkin and Shirkevich;
          Problems and exercises in Chemistry, by Erokhn and Frolov;
          Do you know Chemistry?, by Sorokhin and Zlotnikov
          Little Mathematics library: Inequalities (misplaced!)
          Experiments without explosions by ??
          Problems book on physics for Robinsons…
          Physics for everyone: Photons and Nuclei by Kitaigorodsky
          and books on chemistry, geometry and mathematics
          cannot remember…have to check the box

15. vineet says:

Searched a lot for mir books at avenue road in Bangalore,but could only find one book on geology or something similar.

16. amit mishra says:

it is my request to all of you please let me know about book 4 of physics for everyone

17. Uday says:

Dear Mayur

can you pl list the books in details?

18. amit mishra says:

dear all i m looking for mir books e.g.calculas by terasov quantum mechanics by terasov hard copies ,is it possible now

19. Uday says:

Dear Eric,
    wher are you uploading your books?

20. Eric says:

Guys, I just got another book:
    E. A. Nersesov – Fundamentals of atomic and nuclear physics
    Hardcover. 399 pp. 1990 copyright.
    Let me know if we have this scanned. I am gonna be uploading a whole
    lot of pdfs in the coming week!

21. Uday says:

I do not think we have.

22. Eric says:

Is anyone selling last three volumes of Artobolevsky’s Mechanics in Modern Engineering Design?

23. Uday says:

Hello Eric,
    Have you uploaded the previous books?
    Uday