700,000 + and counting…

mir-stats-oct-2013

We have crossed the 700,000 mark in the number of visits to our blog!

Thanks to all those who have supported and encouraged.

Some forthcoming titles:

A Course of Differential Geometry and Topology – Mishchenko, Fomenko
Differential Equations and the Calculus of Variations – Elsgolts
Electricity and Magnetism – Matveev
Electrodynamics – Novozhilov, Yappa
Fundamentals of The Theory of Electricity – Tamm
General Methods for Solving Physics Problems – Belikov
Generalized Functions in Mathematical Physics – Vladimirov
Introduction to Semiconductor Theory – Anselm
Lectures on the Theory of Functions of a Complex Variable – Sidorov, Fedoryuk, Shabunin
Mechanics and Theory of Relativity – Matveev
Nuclear Physics and Nuclear Reactors – Klimov
Partial Differential Equations – Mikhailov
Plasma Physics – Kadomtsev (Ed.)
Problems and Exercises in Integral Equations – Krasnov, Kiselev, Makarenko
The Theory of Functions of A Complex Variable – Sveshnikov, Tikhonov
Theory of Elasticity – Filoneko, Borodich
Worked Problems in Applied Mathematics – Lebedev

Advertisements

About The Mitr

I am The Mitr, The Friend
This entry was posted in books and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to 700,000 + and counting…

1. Ramani krithivasan says:

I wish it should cross Crore and mirtitle must be with every engineering student of the world.

2. Guilherme Maio says:

Hi there. First of all, absolutely nice work you do here. Please, I wanna know if is there a textbook on Geometry at a secondaty course level, like we have G.S. Landsberg three textbooks on Physics on this level of difficulty. I’m looking for proofs, theorems, not necessarliy with a big collection of excercises. I’ve never found this kind of book “in a Mir standard”. Can you help me?

Saudações do Brasil (Greetings from Brazil).

3. Guilherme Maio says:

Please, sorry for my errors in English. When I said Geometry, I wanted to say especifically Plane and Solid Euclidean Geometry. I know Yefimov has a very good course in Analitic Geometry, just to elucidate some possible mistake.

4. taj Mohammed says:

Congrats! Plz post all links of HINDI Books published by MIR. Thanks a lot

5. ilgar220000 says:

When will be ready Problems in Higher Mathematics – Minorsky?

6. taj Mohammed says:

The password mirtitles not working, dont put passwords in files.

7. anthropos says:

Grechko – Problems in Theoretical Physics
    Krasnov – Problems and Exercises in Integral Equations
    Matveev – Electricity and Magnetism [& the Rest!]
    Novozhilov – Electrodynamics

8. Shovon says:

Hi Mitr,
    There is a very reputed five-volume course of Higher Mathematics by V. I. Smirnov. Though these books weren’t published by Mir, these course has been mentioned by many great people (The name of Alexander Polyakov comes to my mind). The first two volumes are available online:
    Thanks a lot for your great work!

9. kasprov says:

Handbooks of Mathematics-vygodsky

10. Emanuele says:

any update on ” The Theory of Functions of A Complex Variable – Sveshnikov, Tikhonov” i could really use it! thanks

• uday mahajani says:

When can we have the rest Physisc problems books? and especially Problems of Fundamentals of Hydraulic and Thermal Engineering

11. Venu says:

Hi Damitr, First thanks a lot for this initiative. I, like many others, has benefited a lot from your efforts. Recently, I purchased books from a retired gentleman and as the deal was all or none, I ended up with quite a few books that I don’t have any use for. In the list below, if there are any books that you don’t currently have, pls accept them as a gift from me. I’m based in Bangalore and you can arrange to have them picked from my home / office or any other mutually convenient location. If you are in Bangalore yourself, it would be a pleasure to make your acquittance.

Name of the Book Author Year
    Fundamentals of TV Engineering MK & NS 1970
    Repair of Industrial Equipment BG & GP 1981
    A General Theory of Furnaces MAG & GMG 1980
    Instrumentation Manual L.Weinberg 1978
    Microprocessors & Instrumentation G.Mirsky 1987
    General Chemical Engineering I.Furmer, V. Zaitsev 1985

Others – Pls get in touch with me @ mohankg.69@gmail.com if you are interested in exchanging books [preferred] or with an offer for purchase. This is ofcourse after Damitr has selected books that he wants.

All books are in good [Book intact with quite a few signs of wear] to excellent [very well preserved with less or no signs of wear] condition.

• The Mitr says:

Hi Venu,

Thanks for the kind words and big gesture of sharing the books with us. I will get in touch with you soon.

regards

The Mitr

• Venu says:

All, I’ve just heard from Damitr. The books now remaining are:

Physics of Dielectric Materials B. Tareev 1975
        Handbook of Elementary Physics N.Koshkin & M. Shirkevich 1968
        Chemistry Defn.,Notions & Term. AI Busev and IP Efimov 1987

As mentioned, my first preference is to exchange them for other books, preferably from Russian publishers. My interests are in the areas of Math, technical books written for the layman, “general topics” like History, Philosophy etc and fiction.

Thanks,
        Venu

12. Stevin says:

Hello again, I just found that I had some more books from Kvant (in djvu form). I’ve found these a long time ago and forgot where I found the links to them. Please let me know if you have them already or if you would like them.

They are:
    Kvant Selecta. Algebra and Analysis I Serge Tabachnikov
    Kvant Selecta. Algebra and Analysis II Serge Tabachnikov
    Kvant Selecta. Combinatorics I Serge Tabachnikov

P.S. Have you heard anything from Charanjit Singh yet in the Problems in Linear Algebra post about the Elementary Mathematics by Dorofeev image files?

13. Johann says:

Hi Damitr, could you upload BN Ivanov Fundamentals of Physics, and if you’ve already done so, could you please provide the link

14. Shrikant Deshpande says:

I am interested in purchasing the following book published by Mir Publishers (in English)
    “Fundamentals of Cable Engineering”
    Please contact me if anybody has the book. I am based in Pune, India
    Regards
    Shrikant Deshpande
    s_g_desh@yahoo.com

15. Octavio says:

Is Sveshnikov’s ‘theory of functions of a complex variable’ ready? I really need it and only can find it in Russian.

Also, if any of you has English or Spanish version, I’d like to buy it.

Thanks a lot for this initiative.

16. ivygim says:

The Theory of Functions of A Complex Variable – Sveshnikov, Tikhonov
    //////////////////////////////////////
    I really want to read these russian complex variable text in english. Thank you.

• Shrikant Deshpande says:

Thanks for the update. My earlier request for the book, in English, ” Fundamentals of Cable Engineering” published by Mir Publishers still remains. I will appreciate if you can locate this book so that I can buy. Thanks.

17. ivygim says:

The Theory of Functions of A Complex Variable – Sveshnikov, Tikhonov
    //////////////////////////////////////
    I ‘m searching above two russian complex variable texts in english and really want to read them.
    Thank you.