It should be noted that most of the problems, chosen for this collection, are not only an illustration of the theoretical material, but are well in accord with the materials which serve as a bridge between theoretical mechanics and intermediate sciences.
We now come to another Problem Book in Physics this one is exclusively for theoretical mechanics: Collection of Problems in Theoretical Mechanics by I. V. Meshchersky.
The present edition embraces all basic principles of theoretical
mechanics usually taught during the first two years of studies in
higher and secondary technical schools. The material in this book is presented consistently, i, e., proceeding from the particular to the general. The same method is applied to the order of paragraphs and the arrangement of the text.
It should be noted that most of the problems, chosen for this
collection, are not only an illustration of the theoretical material, but are well in accord with the materials which serve as a bridge between theoretical mechanics and intermediate sciences.
The primary objective of the book was to present to the reader
problems of practical value by giving the examples in such fields as the operation of machines and mechanisms, hydrodynamics, resistance of materials, and other branches of science and engineering. All this has made the book widely popular among the Soviet students of technical schools.
The material collected in this book will aid students in the
practical application of laws and methods of theoretical mechanics in their engineering practice.
The book was translated from the Russian by N. M. Sinelnikova and edited by A. I. Lurie and the supplementary material: Solutions of Some Typical Problems is written by V. I. Kuznetsov. The other contributors to this edition are S. A. Sorokov (statics), N. N. Naugolnaya and A. S. Kelson (kinematics), A. S. Kelson (dynamics of a particle), M. I. Baty (dynamics of a system), G. J. Djanelidze (analytical statics, dynamics of bodies having variable masses, stability of motion). The book is an abridged version of the 28th edition of the book by Meshchersky published in 1962. This book was published by Higher School Publishing House in the 1968 (as per worldcat record, no date in the book). Dover also published this book in 1965.
PDF | OCR | Bookmarked | Paginated | Cover | 21.9 MB (Zip 19.2 )| 307 pp | 600 dpi
You can get the book here.
For Magnet/Torrent Links go here. (Please share and seed.)
Part I. Statics of Rigid Bodies
I. Coplanar Force System
1. Collinear Forces 9
2. Concurrent Forces 10
3. Parallel Forces and Couples 19
4. Arbitrary Coplanar Force Systems 26
5. Graphical Statics 40
II. Statics in Space
6. Concurrent Forces 43
7. Reduction of a System of Forces to Its Simplest Possible Form 47
8. Equilibrium of an Arbitrary System of Forces 48
9. Centre of Gravity 56
Part II. Kinematics
III. Motion of a Particle
10. Equation of Motion and Path of a Particle 59
11. Velocity of a Particle 61
12. Acceleration of a Particle 63
IV. Simplest Motions of a Rigid Body
13. Rotation of a Rigid Body about a Fixed Axis 68
14. Conversion of Simplest Motions of a Rigid Body 70
V. Composition and Resolution of Motions of a Particle
15. Equations of Motion and Path of the Resultant Motion of a Particle 74
16. Composition of Velocities of a Particle 76
17. Composition of Accelerations of a Particle Undergoing Translatory Motion of Transport 79
18. Composition of Accelerations of a Particle Performing Rotational Motion of Transport about a Fixed Axis 82
VI. A Rigid Body Motion in a Plane
19. Equations of Motion of a Body and Its Particles in a Plane 87
20. Velocity of a Point of a Body Which Performs Motions in a Plane. Instantaneous Centres of Velocities. 89
21. Space and Body Centrodes 96
22. Accelerations of a Point on a Body Which Performs Motions in a Plane. Instantaneous Centres of Accelerations 99
23. Composition of Motions of a Body in a Plane 102
VII. Motion of a Rigid Body about a Fixed Point
24. Rotation of a Rigid Body about a Fixed Point 105
25. Composition of Rotations of a Rigid Body about Intersecting Axes 105
Part III. Dynamics
VIII. Dynamics of a Particle
26. Determination of Force Acting During Motion 113
27. Differential Equations of Motion 117
28. Theorem on Change of Momentum of a Particle. Theorem on Change of Angular Momentum of a Particle. Motion under the Action of Central Forces 125
29. Work and Power 128
30. Theorem on Change of Kinetic Energy of a Particle 130
31. Review Problems 134
32. Oscillations 138
33. Relative Motion 145
IX. Dynamics of a System
34. Principles of Kinetics and Statics 148
35. Principle of Virtual Displacements 155
36. General Equation of Dynamics 160
37. Theorem on the Motion of the Centre of Mass of a System 167
38. Theorem on the Change of Linear IV\omentum of a System 170
39. Theorem on the Change of Principal Angular Moment of a System Differential Equation of Rotation of a Rigid Body about a Fixed Axis. Elementary Theory on Gyroscopes 173
40. Theorem on the Change of Kinetic Energy of a System 188
41. Plane Motion of a Rigid Body 199
42. Forces Acting on Axis of a Rota ting Body 202
43: Review Problems 205
44. Impact 209
45. Dynamics of a System of Variable Mass 214
46. Analytical Statics 217
47. Lagrange’s Equations 221
X. Theory of Oscillations
48. Small Oscillations of Systems with a Single Degree of Freedom 235
49. Small Oscillations of Systems with Several Degrees of Freedom 247
50. Stability of Motion 256
Supplement. Solutions of Some Typical Problems 261
wonderful post,Thanks a lot Damitr
T great, damitr million thanks for the problems book effort…
I think when you post again it going to be another great time for us…
the download link- pls check..it isnt working
The link is working fine .Please re-check
pls check.. download link is not working
@sia the link is fine .I checked it .
Well the link is so not working…plz post another.
Links are working fine. Check again.
I`M A BIG A FAN OF MECHANICS
Good to find this book in nets.
thank you for this problems book.
I think there is a related book known: Theoretical Mechanics by Simon Targ published by MIR
Would we see this book on this helpful site
Yes. Targ’s book is with me in hardcopy. We will see it sometime in future. Be patient.
what a thankful job you people have done . It will really be very nice if you could upload Landau and Lifshitz’s al books of Theoretical Physics.
Landau and Lifshits course is available on the Internet Archive. Just give a relevant search there.
Thanks for your continued efforts, I’m a student preparing for IITJEE and once i came to your blog and started loving it. I faced a problem of not able to collect good books to prepare and once i saw this wah i was stunned. I still thought many were like me as there are no authentic blogs for all preparation material. So i started my own blog to help others like me https://devilexams.wordpress.com
I’ve started posting books and I’ve also posted this book , I’ve given proper credits and have given a link back to this page!
There are some non Mir books which are good so i’ve started posting even them.
Kudos keep your efforts! Thanks for helping many like me !
Please send me the key to unlock to email@example.com
@Alarchau, Why it’s already mentioned in the post.
The link for this book is not working. Please repost the link. I lost the softcopy i downloaded from this website a year ago.
Thanks in advance,
The link is not working. Could you please provide an alternate link.
@@KK, the 4shared link is working fine. Please check
where this book Solution?????
Could you repost it?