Reprinting some classics

Edit: Thanks for all the positive responses. Due to the lockdown of the second wave, the printing plans have got delayed a bit, but we should have some updates this month.

About The Mitr

I am The Mitr, The Friend
This entry was posted in books, meta. Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Reprinting some classics

1. Sudarshana says:

Nice

• Eulogio says:

I would be very interested in some reprints of less common Perelman books, but unfortunately I guess the costs to deliver to Europe would be too expensive.

However I wanted to suggest Perelman books.

Thanks a lot

2. Akram says:

poll button not working – But I would buy whole set. Hope cover art and paper quality would be as per original ones 🙂

3. desperadomar says:

Hard cover or soft cover?
    I would really like a hard cover edition

4. gyanuarav says:

Will buy entire set, thank you

5. Neeraj says:

I would love to buy the Hindi translation of Soviet story books that were available in 1980s.

6. Jay says:

Can you deliver to Europe? What are the shipment charges?

7. Siddharth says:

Yes I will buy the entire set … Please let me know when the volumes are available.

8. Moskin says:

Mechanisms in modern engineering design
    Fundamentals of machine design
    Material handling equipment
    Design of jigs and fixtures

• Mos says:

I’d like
      Fundamentals of machine design (5 vols)
      Mechanisms in modern engineering design ( 5 vols – 7 books)
      Material handling equipment (1 book)
      Jigs and fixtures (1 book)

9. Siddharth Meshram says:

Can you reprint A Course of Higher Mathematics ( ( All 5 volumes) by V. I Smirnov

10. RAKESH PANDEY says:

A historical initiative of printing these books… there is no substitute of reading a hard copy of good books then soft copy. Soft copy is just a stop gap measurement.

11. abhishek says:

Please make it HARD COVER to give it the real feel with quality of print at par with original book

12. Veeresh Pandey says:

I am interested in buying entire set. Please let me know when they will be available. Thank you

13. j.m_martin says:

Hi,

Why not considering to reprint all the ” Little Mathematics Library”? The Mathematics exposed in this set will then be useful to the understanding of other books such as Landau’s “Physics for everyone”.
    In this case, I will order the full set (around 40 booklets) of the Little Mathematics Library!

Best Regards,

• The Mitr says:

We are starting with the best bet for printing. For printing to be viable, there needs to be certain minimum numbers to be printed, about 250 lets say. We hope that this set catches on, then we can definitely print others. Level of LML is definitely much higher than that for Physics for Everyone!

14. SANGRAM says:

Kindly post few chemistry books

15. i am eagerly waiting for this. Whenever it becomes possible, i will buy the entire sets

16. RAKESH says:

Meaningfulness of life depends on how many life you are affecting … There is no word to describe your this attempt of printing … I suggest you to please post some linkable database of all russian books for printing so that once any book has printing demand to more than 250 ..it can be printed…in this way simultaneously many books can be available in hard copies…

• The Mitr says:

Yup, that is the idea in the long run, we will see how this one goes!

• RAKESH says:

Please do it now…everyone desperately wants to have hard copies of these treasures…I think world has the greatest gift by erstwhile USSR in the form of these books

17. Ashish says:

YA Perelman’s books. Do you have any plans of printing those?

18. Rambo says:

Thermodynamics, Statistical Physics,and Kinetics by Yu. B. Burner, M. Sh. Ryvkin.

19. JPFM says:

Hi,
    Dou you know how is the owners of the copirigh? During the college I translated to Portuguese the Elementary Mathematics – Dorofeev, Potapov, Rozov, and I’m think to publish this Portuguese version but I don’t know if I will

20. Anurag Sindhu says:

Cheers! Looking forward to buy these when printed. Is there any chance to offer these in library binding?

• The Mitr says:

We were hoping for July, but seems it will go to August, will keep you updated. We are also thinking of hardcover versions.

21. Irodovian says:

I would be happy to buy all the titles related to science and mathematics. Kindly try to retain the beauty of the original covers.