In this post we will see another problem book in mathematics titled Problems in Elementary Mathematics by V. Lidsky, L. Ovsyannikov, A. Tuliakov and M. Shabunin.
This book is written by a group of Soviet mathematicians under the guidance of Professor Victor Lidsky D.Sc. (Phys. & Maths). It includes advanced problems in elementary mathematics with hints and solutions.
In each section – algebra, geometry and trigonometry – the problems are arranged in the order of increasing difficulty. There are 658 problems in all.
The text can be used in mathematical schools and school mathematical societies.
This book was translated from the Russian by V. Vosolov and was first published by Mir Publishers in 1973.
All credits to the original uploader.
A note on the quality of the book: When the book was picked up from the net, it needed cleaning. We did some cleaning, OCR and bookmarking.
PDF | OCR | Cover | Bookmarked | 25.5 MB (20.5 MB Zipped) | 382 pages | Paginated
Update: 27 April 2018
The Internet Archive link
Problems / Solutions
1. Arithmetic and Geometric Progressions (1-23) 7/87
2. Algebraic Equations and Systems of Equations (24-95) 10/95
3. Algebraic Inequalities (96-123) 20/134
4. Logarithmic and Exponential Equations, Identities and Inequalities ( 124-169) 24/142
5. Combinatorial Analysis and Newton’s Binomial Theorem (170-188) 29/157
6. Problems in Forming Equations ( 189-228) 32/162
7. Miscellaneous Problems (229-291) 38/180
A. Plane Geometry
1. Computation Problems (292-324) 47/202
2. Construction Problems (325-338) 51/217
3. Proof Problems (339-408) 52/223
4. Loci of Points (409-420) 59/254
5. The Greatest and Least Values (421-430) 61/260
B. Solid Geometry
1. Computation Problems (431-500) 62/256
2. Proof Problems (501-523) 70/209
3. Loci of Points (524-530) 72/322
4. The Greatest and Least Values (531-532) 72/325
1. Transforming Express ions Containing Trigonometric Functions (533-554) 74/327
2. Trigonometric Equations and Systems of Equations (555-618) 77/333
3. Inverse Trigonometric Functions (619-628) 82/363
4. Trigonometric Inequalities (629-645) 83/366
5. Miscellaneous Problems (646-658) 85/372
Beautiful!! Thank you very much for this, and for the other great problems books. 🙂
V nice post thanks a lot
This is a brilliant website for sure!!! Many many thanks!!
both links dead. pl re up
@rd, The link is working fine. Please read FAQs if you are facing any issues.
Do you have this book: Solving Problems in Algebra and Trigonometry – Litivinenko e Mordokvitch ?
By the way, i’m I’m trying to download this book “Problems in Elementary Mathematics – Lidsky, Ovsyannikov, Tuliakov, Shabunin”. I dont know why but the download never start, can anyone help me? 😀
please somebody make the link to work. when i go to the link it says the file you requested is not remove. please help ASAP.
please make the link to work. when i goto the link it says the file does not exist. please help ASAP>
link for you http://www.isinj.com/aime/Problems%20in%20Elementary%20Mathematics%20-%20Lidsky,%20et.%20al.%20(MIR%201973).pdf
Pingback: Take the Red Pill: the road to independence… (3) – Cosmic Diary
all links are blocked. help
MIR mathematics books (in English) have changed the way I teach high school mathematics. I just don’t use American textbooks any more for an honors class. Thank you so much for publishing these GREAT books. I have at least a dozen of them.
How can download this book pls inform me????
Update: 27 April 2018
Added The Internet Archive link